Getting Back on the Career Track Just Got Easier.
For millions of technical professionals, unemployment can present some frightening realities. But it can also present valuable opportunities, if you know where to look.
ESI International’s Stand Out Scholarship is making a half million dollars in career development learning funds available for out of work project managers, business analysts and general business professionals.
“We feel strongly about supporting our colleagues in the project management and business analysis communities who are unemployed and are competing in a volatile job market. By making learning programs more accessible for those who can especially benefit from them now, we have a unique opportunity to turn a negative into something very positive,” says ESI International President & CEO, John Elsey.
ESI’s SOS tuition assistance can make it easier for you to enhance project management and business analysis skills and build a more competitive resume that stands out from the crowd. ESI courses available through the scholarship program are offered across the United States. Curriculum paths include:
- Project Management
- Program Management
- Business Analysis
Candidates accepted for the Stand Out Scholarship from ESI may apply and receive tuition assistance for up to three courses, including those applicable toward an ESI Associate’s Certificate or ESI Master’s Certificate. Awards will cover the majority of ESI’s tuition for approved Project Management, Program Management and Business Analysis courses. The scholarship program runs through December 31, 2009, or until the full $500,000 is awarded. Read more about Stand Out Scholarship eligibility requirements below and contact ESI with any questions you have about the program or application.
Eligibility and Program Highlights
- The $500,000 scholarship fund will be available until the earlier of December 31, 2009 or such time that the scholarship fund is discontinued by ESI International.
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and be currently unemployed and show acceptable proof of unemployment (notification of eligibility from your unemployment office, letter from previous employer, copy of unemployment check(s) and/or benefits).
- Applicants can apply for and be awarded scholarships for up to three courses, enabling students to earn an Associate’s Certificate to add to their resume.
- Applicants are responsible for paying the difference between the full tuition price in effect at the time the session begins and the amount of the scholarship award. This difference is currently $250.
- Scholarships are granted toward tuition only. In the event that the applicant chooses to travel, any travel and miscellaneous expenses will be the responsibility of the recipient.
- Interested individuals must complete and submit an application in order to be eligible for a scholarship.
- The scholarship can only be applied to training in Project/Program Management (PMC) and Business Analysis (BAP) courses (i.e. public classroom, e-Training or virtual classroom).